Mermaid Marine Australia Ltd (MMA) are Australia’s largest marine services provider to the offshore oil and gas industry, specialising in marine logistics and supply base services throughout all phases of the oil and gas development cycle.
MMA operate a Desalination Plant at their Damper Supply Base to provide potable drinking water for their facility as well as vessels moored within the base. An extensive monitoring program in accordance with the Department of Health’s-Small Community Model Assessable Sampling Grid was required for compliance and ongoing operational purposes.
Astron was engaged to manage the Water Quality Monitoring Program for the facility, having already executed the compliance monitoring the Astron team is now currently undertaking the ongoing monthly monitoring campaign.
The following monitoring programs and time frames were undertaken
- Compliance monitoring (6 week validation period);
- Post compliance monitoring (on going, up to 1 year); and
- Baseline analysis and sampling program (up to 1 year).
A range of sampling points is being assessed for monitoring purposes:
- Source water sampling point;
- Treated water sampling points;
- Distribution water sampling points; and
- Consumer water sampling points.
The monitoring program allows MMA to ensure the system is operating to the expectations of regulatory requirements safeguarding human health and the environment.